Total Joint Replacement Center
Our patient-centered and compassionate approach can help you return to healthy, active living. The Baylor Frisco Joint Replacement Center is recognized as an Advanced Center of Excellence for Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Replacement by the Joint Commission.
Return to Healthy, Active Living
When arthritis damages knee, hip, or shoulder joints, causing chronic pain and limiting daily function, joint replacement can restore people to active, functional, and fulfilling lives. After rehabilitation, most patients can return to the activities they enjoyed before their joints became so painful.
The Baylor Frisco Joint Replacement Center is recognized as a Center of Excellence for Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Replacement by the Joint Commission.
It is designed to provide comprehensive care for patients who undergo joint replacement. Our patient-centered and compassionate approach can help you return to healthy, active living.
Our Program Features:
- All private rooms
- Care delivered by a dedicated staff specially trained to work with joint replacement patients
- An area explicitly dedicated to patients having joint replacement surgery
- A family member or friend can be your designated coach to help speed your recovery and assist with therapy
- Back in casual clothes soon after surgery
- A comprehensive pre-operative workshop
- Coordinated care after discharge
- Consultation with our joint replacement coordinator who will visit with you and facilitate your care
- The orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff at Baylor Frisco use advanced joint replacement materials and prostheses and have a long track record of quality results.
A joint replacement can provide many years of improved functioning. Multi-center trial studies with thousands of patients show excellent long-term benefits from joint replacement.
In patients 55 and older who have had a total knee replacement, 93 percent still have proper function 20 years later. For total hip replacements, 95 percent are still functioning well after 20 years.